Thursday, March 31, 2022

Family Traditions


 My Dad was in the Navy, and when I was in the third grade, his duty station was in Tennessee. My mom grew up in Tennessee, and I have lived in Tennessee many times. It is here that I have my extended family. Our family traditions have influenced me and have been a source of material for my books. In the third book of my trilogy, Christmas on Rosy Lane, coming to press in November, I draw from our family celebrations.   Our family gathered at my Aunt Carolyn's house every Thanksgiving, and this tradition has lasted for over thirty years! We have an extensive family, and for many reasons, we could not all be there at the same time, but every year between 70 to 100 people attended. Feeding this many people is no small feat! Carolyn and her sisters spent the week before Thanksgiving baking, cooking, and telling stories. We were not always in Tennessee to attend, but I have magnificent memories of helping and learning to cook with these amazing women. Each of the sisters is different from the other, but they are all so loving and fun. I honor them in my story and share it with you to bring a little fun to you. You will be hearing more about Christmas on Rosy Lane in the months ahead!

On Rosy Lane is now available to buy on my website RoseElainePublishing.com or on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day One of the Rose Elaine Self-Care Challenge

  Like many people, I thought I did not have time to spend on myself, so I created ways to fit self-care into my busy schedule. Join me and ...