Thursday, March 31, 2022

Why I Write

 


I am a pushover for a sweet story. Many years ago I lived in England. I went to a used bookstore and bought a book called Mulberry Square by Lida Larrimore for 15 pence (about a quarter in US dollars). I became a fan right away! I did not mind that pages 36 and 37 were missing! Mrs. Larramore's books are full of vivid imagery of gardens and flowers. Of course, there is also romance, jealousy, drama, and a happy ending! I often read Mulberry Square when I needed a little time to myself. It becomes a vacation, where I can visit the characters, becoming familiar friends. These books can be read in a few hours on a Sunday afternoon, leaving me happy and refreshed. There is nothing as delightful as a sweet story, a cup of tea, and a day of rest! A few years ago, my husband gave me a wonderful gift, a collection of Lida Larrimore books, and a second copy of Mulberry Square that included pages 36 and 37! I spent several months of Sundays reading one story after another. I was inspired. I wondered if I could provide a little escape from all the noise to other women like me that could use a little break in the week. The Rosy Lane series began to take shape. I hope your experiences with Rosy Lane Books will leave you refreshed. Check out our full line of products too! Created these books and products with love for my old and new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day One of the Rose Elaine Self-Care Challenge

  Like many people, I thought I did not have time to spend on myself, so I created ways to fit self-care into my busy schedule. Join me and ...